20130804

Thrift Tips





I'm sorry for the hiatus, but I've been going through a lot recently and so that's why I couldn't post. But, as promised, today I am going to show you my thrift finds. :)


I love thrift shopping. First of all, the items I find are items I won't often see anyone else wearing. Second, I get the items at a very budget friendly price. Third, it relieves stress. It's like I'm a kid on a treasure hunt all the time, and when I find the jewels, I get all giddy.




I have a few friendly tips for thrift shopping: 1, if you want a lot of great finds, go to a place where most of the people don't have the same fashion sense as you. For example, if you are in to the more urban style of clothing, go to thrift shops in "not-so-urban" places. Why? Because the people shopping there would most likely pick the clothes that are also "not-so-urban". Point is, they buy those items and leave on the shelves the items that you (the person with different taste) would like. 2, and because the shoes and clothes the other people don't like aren't getting bought, they become a lot cheaper in price. That means, hooray for you! :) This is what happened to me when I bought my latest thrift finds. I couldn't believe how cheap the items were. And, they were all in very good condition! 3, I know this might sound weird, but, smell before you buy. There are a lot of pre-loved goodies in thrift shops, and no we don't know where they all came from and what type of person wore them before. Trust me, nobody likes getting bad odor. 4, in line with that thought, make sure to always always wash the clothes again properly. I repeat, we don't know where they came from.





Leopard sheer top - thrifted
Leather shorts - random brand
Leather boots - thrifted
Bag - ZARA

No comments:

Post a Comment